Monday, February 4, 2013

Sunflower Field

Update:

I did some more work on this painting, working on the foreground. This is where I'm at now:

February 17, 2013 update


Sunflower Field background
This is the background of the painting, which I did last Saturday at the studio in North Vancouver. I was doing this from memory. When I was working on it, I was thinking that I had to make the flowers point in random directions. But, after looking at a photo of a field of sunflowers, I discovered that they in fact always point in the direction of the sun. Not only that, but the red dots which make up the center portion of the flower head.

I'm making this one for Juni's Valentine's gift. So I guess it will be kind of square, boring, and plain, to suit her tastes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment