Friday, February 1, 2013

Still Life

This painting came from a sketch. That seems to be my modi operandorum.

The sketch is an attempt to meld the still life (bowl of fruit) with the portrait.

Portrait of a Sleeping Girl
I really have to work on the colours in here. I also don't like the 'legs.' But these can both be worked on at a later date when I have some better ideas. I really like the melons, however.

Still Portrait
"There is too much pink," my wife says. I have to agree. Most of the pink on the floor was done to help me with my perspective. A few things I've done here I like: making the lighter or fleshy part of the melons first before going in with the texture which I got from the bra that the model was wearing. I will post updates as the painting evolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment