Sunday, December 5, 2010

First collage/painting

So often I have seen posts on Flickr where there were these kinds of blog/ painting/ journal entries that I admire. I want to try some new things. One of those things that I want to try is to combine some of these things: drawing and painting the things that I do and see in my everyday life.

There's also this part of me that likes to look through the refuse of others to find a use for this or that. I quick look in my apartment you'll see heavy signs of this trait. The table that my wife uses, the very nice dresser, her chair (with the arm that keeps falling off), the Styrofoam taped to the glass doors to improve insulation, are just a few of the things that can be found. I also have a number of boards that I found thrown out as trash that I claimed, applied Gesso, and then painted.

I also picked up some flyers in and around Home Plus, and picked up one of those ads whose Korean language requires that I guess their purpose. Putting it all together, I finally came up with this image.

I guess it's the treasure hunter inside of me that likes to find that bit of gem hidden in the mountain of ill fated trash.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment