Friday, November 26, 2010

My Magic Art Blog

My Workspace at Home
I have decided to start an art blog. I will post paintings, photos, drawings, and perhaps other things that I like. I hope that you enjoy my new blog.

A little about myself: I am but a humble ESL teacher working to educate young Korean children in the ways of the English language.

One of my favourite hobbies is art. Somehow, it helps me get through each day like music did years ago. I wish I could find an art teacher, but it's not easy to find one who speaks English. So, I continue on my way: simply doing my own thing. I know I will get better, because I know I have gotten better. I started this journey almost two years ago when I was filled with the desire to illustrate for my own stories. I don't know if I'm up to that quite yet, but in the journey, I have found a creative meditation which is addictive and gives me a great deal of peace.

This is my workspace at home. I have my Picasso book on the right: great images, but the text is pedantic and useless. There are a half dozen sketch books that are used with pencil and watered down acrylic paint. I have oil pastels in my drawer, felt-tipped markers, pens, coloured pencils, and a set of never-used water colours that sit helplessly in their box.

This blog is a first step toward documenting my ongoing love-affair with visual arts.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment